Student Visa

When coming to the Netherlands you will need a study visa (MVV) to enter and a residence permit (VVR) to reside in the Netherlands. It is important that you read this information BEFORE your arrival in the Netherlands, as you will be required to prepare documentation prior to their arrival.

Maastricht University has its own visa-department to guarantee the utmost assistance to the student in getting the visa. The application for entrance visa and/or residence permit is done by the Visa Office of Maastricht University after you have been (provisionally) admitted.

More information on visa requirements.

One Year Search Visa

Being a graduate from Maastricht University allows you to explore employment opportunities not only in the Netherlands but in many European countries. After completing a UM programme the graduate can apply for a Search year visa, which enables you to stay in the Netherlands for one year and travel through the Schengen area in search for a job. In case you have not received your diploma at the moment you apply, the Faculty can send you a declaration of intent, which can be used for this purpose.

The Schengen Area countries include: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

More information on job search visa.

Comments are closed