Maastricht University High Potential Scholarships
To further strengthen its position as a leading European university with an international orientation, Maastricht University offers scholarships to talented international students who are from non-European Union countries. These High Potential scholarships cover the full amount of tuition fees, as well as living expenses, insurance and visa costs.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must be admissible for a master’s programme or graduate programme for professionals at Maastricht University and must not be older than 35 years at the start of the academic year (1 September). You must be admitted to the programme or programmes of your choice before applying for this scholarship.
Scholarship applicants must have obtained excellent results in their previous studies. This must be shown in the application file by including, for example, grade lists or reference letters. In case of equivalent qualification, preference will be given to applications which show that the applicant is among the top 5%.
Applicants must come from India or another country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
Duration of the High Potential scholarship
The High Potential scholarship is awarded for the duration of the master’s programme (12 to 24 months).
Amount of the High Potential scholarship
- Full tuition fee waiver: 12,000 EUR
- Living expenses coverage: 825 EUR per month (paid by the Scholarship Office)
- Insurance: 500 EUR (paid by the Scholarship Office)
- Visa Costs: 600 EUR (paid by the Scholarship Office)
Application and selection
Students can download the application form here. Applications must be sent to Maastricht University. On the section Application and Selection, you can find information about how to send in the application form. The application deadline differs per faculty. Check the list of deadlines for your faculty.
For the scholarship assessment, the Scholarship Committee takes all elements of the application into account, including the level of previous study programmes, academic excellence, motivation, status of the home institution, the connection with the prior study programme, future career plans and references.
Please check the Maastricht University High Potential Scholarship Terms and Conditions before applying.
The following scholarships are open for application. Please keep in mind that you need to be admitted to the programme of your choice before you apply for the scholarship (apply at least 4 to 6 weeks in advance). You may apply for up to 4 programmes and all relevant scholarships.
- Océ Scholarship: Master’s programmes in Business and Economics, Deadline: 1 March
- SABIC Scholarship: Master’s programmes in Business and Economics, Deadline: 1 March
- Elisabeth Strouven Scholarship: Master’s in Global Health, Deadline: 1 March
- Alumni Scholarship: Master’s in Global Health, Deadline: 1 March
- Friends Scholarship: Master’s in Globalisation and Development Studies, Deadline: 1 March
- MGSoG Scholarship: Master’s in Public Policy and Human Development, Deadline: 15 June
- UCM Scholarships: Bachelor’s programme University College Maastricht, Deadline: 1 March
- International School Scholarship: School of Business and Economics, Deadline 15 April
- Non-EU Scholarship: School of Business and Economics, Deadline 15 April
Don’t forget to check www.grantfinder.nl for additional scholarships.